Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the Old and in with the New

Last year, instead of "making" resolutions, I decided to make a BUCKET list instead. Just a few things that I wanted to accomplish in the new year. Here is what was on my list:
Spend more time with my family
Start writing more
Get fit
Wear clothes with confidence
Go away
Read more and laugh more
learn to play the piano

Here is what I did to accomplish my bucket list! Our summer was dedicated to the kids. We did a lot of fun things. Throughout the year, we would just pick up and go do something. I got to know my children. We started the birthday dates, and with that we were able to spend one on one time with each of them. They are growing up so fast. 2012 brings another baptism for us. Heck! We don't have babies anymore, we have children!
I wrote for Latter Day Woman Magazine. That was a great opportunity. It was fun to get my name out there, and even though, I decided to take some time off from that, I still have a guest spotlight, where I can go and blog about whatever. Maybe my first 2012 blog will be my new bucket list! It's coming, don't worry!
I now work at a gym and work out for free. I have tested the waters of fitness and LOVE it! I ran in the Warrior Dash and did a Turkey Trot 5k. I feel great. My heart is healthy (had an issue this past summer) I am healthy, and better yet, I am teaching my kids how to be healthy.
My new mantra for this year was JUST OWN IT! Seriously, people would say, only you could pull that off. I respond to that with, if I like it, I am going to wear it. If you are confident with who you are, anything looks good. Trust me, JUST OWN IT!!!!
Nick and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. We went to VEGAS. We had a blast. We reconnected as husband and wife and best friends and not just parents. I took a girls weekend in the spring (TOFW) with some of my best friends. Seattle treated us nicely. Then I went to girls camp, again with some of my best friends, loved it all! Looking forward to the trek! And finally in October, I flew out with my SIL, Alicia, to Denver to be with my all time favorite women! My mom and sisters. I got to see my dad too, so that was an added bonus. I love my family. I miss my family! My family is pretty awesome!
I read A LOT of books! I should hurry and count them... hold on! Sixteen regular copies of books (thanks to my blog for the magazine, those books were all free!) Then I read five books on my nook!!! Dasher read a lot of books too! He is my book worm.
I laugh and laugh all the time. I laugh at myself, I laugh with others, and I just overall love a good gut laugh!
Last but not least... the piano. Thanks to another great friend, I own a piano (for free) and with the help of my dear friend, Toshia, I can play some music that actually sounds like music and not noise!!
2011 has been a great year! Looking forward to 2012!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 'bucket list' instead of resolutions...that is great. And your memories with your family are fantastic...here's to a great 2012!!!