Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

So what happened next?

Today, the kiddos have the day off! I love holidays. Yesterday, I took them out of school early, on early release day, nonetheless, and we ventured to our dentist office. I LOVE our dentist office. I love it so much, that I totally justify the HOUR drive twice a year! I know, call me silly, but when we first started seeing Dr. Todd and Dr. Neil, we lived in Portland, so the trip was only 20 min. Now we live in St. Helens, and have been here since 2006, so the trip is 60 min. I don't care. I know, other dentists are around, and they are probably just as qualified, but I love these guys. I loved our very first pediatrician, Dr. Jen Kurmaski, but when we switched jobs, and healthcare providers, we could no longer have her. That was devastating for me. She was amazing, and probably still is. So, any of my Portland readers who have an HMO or Blue Cross, or anything else besides Kaiser, go to Legacy Children's and get Kurmaski. You will not be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, Kaiser is great. They are affordable, accomidating, and convienent, but Kurmaski was one of a kind. This is rambling on and on. Back to the Dentist
 So, yesterday, was our 6 month check up, and NO CAVITIES. My kids rock! I rock too, since 90% of the time, I am the one brushing and flossing. I took the whole teeth cleaning thing for granted, until I became the mommy. This is part of their health and well being too, so we need to take care of our teeth. I want my children to have healthy smiles! So, if I still have to floss my 9 year olds teeth, than that is what I am going to do. He is getting better though!! Lucy even sat in the chair all by herself. Last time, she wanted nothing to do with it. Parents of small children.... TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THE DENTIST NOW. The sooner they get used to the whole experience, the better patients they will become. Need a good dentist? Dr. Todd and Dr. Neil at Adventure Dental in Vancouver, Washington. Message me, if you need the number. They are fantastic.

Okay, so what has happened since last post? I am 30. I have found that I am allergic to TIDE detergent and to NOT working out. On days that I skip the gym, I feel really weird, and begin to itch. I am addict. I need help and the only cure is more gym time!! The other day, I ran 2 miles nonstop. Ususally, I would do the run in intervals, but this day, I just hopped on and ran. I just felt like running! I am trying to work back up to 3 where I stopped training, and then keep going. My awesome friend, is running her first 10k in a few short weeks, and I am so proud of her. I want to do the run with her next year. Maybe the 1/2 marathon. We shall see.

I went to Denver in October. Dasher turned 9. School and soccer were in full swing. Our life was nonstop. But gladly, we have yet to get sick. I am so thankful for strong immune systems. I read about some children being sick all the time, and I get frustrated. My advice to their parents, take a few days off from cleaning. I have this silly theory: if your house is too clean, your kids will get sick. We need germs to keep us healthy. Our bodies need to know what to kill off, and if we are never exposed to it, well, then we are going to get sick. Just try that and report back. Knocking on wood here, but we haven't been sick sick in about three years. Just saying.

I had a lovely time in Denver. The pictures are on facebook. Check them out. Most people know about my trip, so I am not going to bore you with it here. We are through with soccer. hip hip hooray. Next year, though, Nick is coaching the HIGH SCHOOL JV team, on top of Dasher's team, and Emmah wants to play again, and guess what? Bosston gets to play too! Clone me now, is all I have to say.

Bucket list item. Piano lessons. LOVE THEM. Love my teacher, she's the one training for the 10k. We have become pretty close, and when we don't see each other at least 3 times a week we go through withdrawls. She is very talented, and I am thankful that she is willing to teach me. I play really fast, and I need to work on my timing, but Emmah and I progressing in the musical world. SCORE.

I am going to write a book. Someday. I have a few things down on topic and meat of the subject. A lot harder than I thought. So, what do you want to know? I really should blog more often. Hope this is good for now. Keep checking back. We are out of school today, I just might feel motivated to get on this thing!! Happy Reading.

1 comment:

Toshia said...

You are awesome! The dental hygienist in me is proud to call you friend;) Well, there are a lot of other reasons too! Keep up all the hard work with piano and running--you are amazing!
P.S. I would love to run the 10K next year with you!!! (I say now when I haven't run that far ever in my life...lol)