Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My lunch is packed...

Back to school, back to school, to show my dad I'm not a fool. My lunch is packed, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight!!!!!

Well, of course, that is not what we were singing on the first day of school, but is a classic tune from a silly movie. Name that movie! School is back in session.We had a great summer and did a lot of the things on our list. The two things that the kids really wanted to do, but we just didn't were: zoo trip and dinner for breakfast. We can still do those things right?!
 Dasher has started the 3rd grade and moved onto Lewis and Clark Elementary. His teacher is Mrs. Alexander and so far, so good. He really likes the fact that he rides the bus longer than Emmah and gets home after her. Soccer season has also started, and Dasher is on the same team with Sam Cole again. They have played four seasons together along with Jim Cole and Nick coaching. It's always fun to visit!!!
 Emmah is in 2nd grade this year. Still at McBride, she has Mrs. Nelson for a teacher. She is new to me, but I have heard good things about her. Emmah is great student, so we don't worry about that. I mostly worry about Emmah getting bored. She is becoming quite the reader and finished Frog and Toad in two days. She was excited about that. She has already been invited to join the Garden Club, which is a special invite only club, that meets every Tuesday during lunch recess. She also started soccer. Dasher and Emmah will face off against each other on November 5. The last game of the season. Someone will go home a winner!!!!!
 I am loving school. It is nice to run errands on bike with the two little ones. I pedal around town for leisure and exercise! I am starting to see more and more results and that makes me happy. I am happy and blessed to have such wonderful children. They are great examples to me!!!
Well, I know I took pictures on the first day of school, I just have to find them.......

No comments: