Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Girls Camp

Here is a pile of pictures from camp. We had a great time. My YCLS were awesome and made the week so much fun. We played frisbee golf, did elements at a ropes course, ate lots of yummy food, did fun crafts, and yes, the archery range was my favorite part. I have improved so much. The girls were certified, songs were sung, skits were performed and testimonies strengthened. I love girls camp. The girls, the leaders, and spending a week in Heavenly Father's creations!!! Awesome stuff. Enjoy the overload of pictures.

these were the journals they put together this year!

Rachel Edwards aka Zesty Zebra

Some of the first year Monkeys getting a true taste of girls camp.

Taylor Weitzel doing the trust fall.

YCLS getting ready for Top 10. This night was Top 10 uses for a twinkie. Hilarious!

Hanna using a twinkie as face wash. Others included: shaving cream, toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, and deodorant. Girls can be so silly.

YCLS rock.

The kitchen staff were awesome as usual. Camp would not be as successful without the fine ladies called to serve in the kitchen. That food was yummers.

Candy and I decided one morning to get our fishing bead. So we headed out on boat by ourselves

I look a little goofy here, but again, girls camp. We realized that we had floated out quite a ways, It was quite comical watching us row ourselves back to the dock. Good Times.

you are not cool unless you bring your own BOW to camp.

and then let your pregnant friend, Kate use it! Kate was such a trooper. Her little man inside like girls camp too!!!

Here I am with the my deer. I got the kill shot. Only took me three tries this year. Last year, I think it was more like 20.

Angie and Kate being Hyenas in our skit. I was a snake. There are no pictures.

President Opdahl is such a good sport. This "arms" skit never gets old.
A little clarifying for my readers who are not members of the church. Girls Camp is held every summer. All girls from the ages of 12-17 are invited to attend. They are broken down into levels where they certify in different things. First Aid, orienteering, cooking, hiking, swimming, canoeing, archery, clouds, fire building, and other things. A lot of fun. The YCLS is short for youth camp leaders. These girls are the oldest and they pretty much do all the certifying and stuff like that with the younger girls. It pays to be a leader.  A year of planning for a week of fun. I loved girls camp when I went in my youth, and it is still fun when you are older.

No comments: