Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Turkey Day!

So, this year, I decided (more like I was convinced) to run in a turkey trot. A friend of mine set up a course and at 8 am on Thanksgiving morning, I met up with some other "runners" and off we went. It was cold, but dry, thankfully, and 47 minutes later, I was done. My awesome friend, Toshia made me this:

16404 is the number of feet I ran! She is awesome and to plug her a little more, she ran every step of her first 10k yesterday in just over an hour! 1:03 to be exact. I am glad she talked me into running on turkey day. It made me more thankful for my body and the fact that I am trying really hard to get more healthy for myself and my family!!!!! I kicked trash!
 The rest of the day was filled with family, turkey, pie, and puzzle building. Stinking puzzle! Oh and shopping!

1 comment:

Toshia said...

You rock! I missed you yesterday, you would have rocked that 5K;) There is a firecracker 5K @ Sauvie Island on 4th of July. Want to run it with me???? Andrew's going to do the flat 1/2 and I have no desire to run that far!