Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer is coming to a close

Yes folks, it is true. School starts in less than seven days. So sad. So happy. So, Oh I don't know. Dasher is going to third grade, Emmah to second. If I close my eyes and concentrate, I can see Dasher getting on the bus for the very first time. I always love how parents say, "where has the time gone?" I will tell you. It just goes. Just like when we were kids, our parents probably said the same thing. I am not sad my kids are growing up.  I am embracing it. I am welcoming the little adults they are becoming. The conversations we are having, the food they are trying (big issue in our home). I am in love with the fact that soon I will have a child old enough to watch siblings and I can run to the store unsupervised:) and be back before they even knew I was gone. I am in awe at the amazing things our children have done so far in the short amount of time they have been in our care. Did you know that Dasher can recite almost all 13 Articles of Faith? Emmah is turning into an awesome reader and wants more and more chapter books. Bosston is left handed and it is so fun to watch him problem solve, and our sweet Lucy is talking more and more and will soon be wearing big girl panties!!!! These are the things that make parents smile. I don't get up in the middle of the night with a young baby. I don't have to stay at home because the kids are napping. We can get in the car and go, no planning, no packing "baby gear" we can just go. That is so great. Don't get me wrong. I loved the baby stage. But that is also why I did that stage young in life. I had Dasher when I was 21. Just barely, not even a month. Then Lucy came into our family in April of 2009 and I was not even 28 yet!!! I have loved being a young mother. I have loved raising my kids and I am loving the fact that they are growing strong and healthy and turning into actual members of society. I just hope the society improves before they notice what has happened!!!!
 I have loved this summer. This has been the summer for the books. Our kids were old enough to do things and explore, play and make memories. I am sad that it is ending, but I am really happy to have my house in order. Didn't you know, mom's take the summers off from housework!! Well, at least I did!!! I promise I have pictures to show. I know that is why most people "read" blogs. I just can't find the memory cards right now. Remember, Lucy, she likes to take things!!!! Oh well, she's cute and that makes me smile. My children make me smile, laugh and cry with happiness. Motherhood really is awesome, and simple, and fulfilling. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!!!!! I should really rename this post!! Happy Reading, and please check back in a day or two for some pictures... make that more like next week:)

No comments: