Thank you for reading our blog. At this site, you have an all access pass to the happenings of our family. Some posts will make you smile, think, cry, and some are just to document special times and things that happen. We appreciate the support that we get from you, the reader! Thank you and happy reading.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Splish Splash at the Park

Last week, I took our four awesome children to a sprinkler park. We are "supposed" to get one of these here in town, but until then, we will venture to Longview. We left at 9:45 am so we could utilize the whole afternoon. The park is perfect. Big, but small at the same time. All of the kids, even myself cooled off in the freezing cold water. Enjoy!
Again, we had the place to ourselves at first. What are people doing this summer? I take my kids everywhere, but no one else seems to be there. I am sad that many parents aren't taking their children places during summer break. I love doing things with my children. I do not like sitting at home and having them rot away in front of the television.

Emmah and her pose. I have a similar picture of me like this many moons ago. Maybe Jessica could find it at her mom's house and email me a copy. We could play, who belongs to who!?

Lucy was a little apprehensive at first. Don't forget it was still early and that water was cold.

Here it comes.

Dasher waited and waited under these buckets until he got soaked. This is also where I got wet!

running through the sprinklers.

Bosston and his shadow.

Bosston and his shadow and his tan line.

having fun.

there goes one bucket, and Emmah waiting for her turn.

tip toe! This day was fun. On the way home, the two little ones fell asleep:) and Emmah exclaimed, "you're the best mom ever!" Happy Summer. It's almost gone. It is already August. This makes me sad. I don't want summer to end. I want it to keep going. Enjoy the sun, get out of the house, and tell us how you have spent your summer!

No comments: